The Craftyguidelets love to read. My eldest can be in the middle of 3 or 4 books at a time, but still knows exactly what is going on in each. I used to devour books when I commuted into London. But now my commute is from the kitchen to the living room or the office, and my volunteering has expanded, the time I allocate to reading books has reduced considerably.
With a queue of books on my Kindle app and a pile of books in the cupboard, I decided to set myself up on the Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge. As well as keeping my list short with a realistic target of only 12 books, I thought I’d try and find books from different categories to mix it up a bit.
- An unfinished book – Helen Fielding – Mad About the Boy – finished
- A new author to me.
- A classic read.
- A book recommended by a librarian.
- A book that’s been adapted into a film.
- A celebrity autobiography – Mary Portas – Shop Girl – now reading
- A book written by/about a historical figure.
- An award winning book.
- A children’s book.
- A celebrity book club read.
- A book I should have read at school rather than just the York Notes.
- A Goodreads recommendation.
I am one book in and it’s only 8th January – go me! My little widgety thing at the side of my blog keeps the tally, and hopefully I’ll read more than my target.
Are you doing any reading challenges this year?